The overall objectives of the Organisation are:
- To provide sound advice to members.
- To perform the function of a Labour Relations Section in the workplace.
- To ensure that fair labour practices are practiced in the workplace.
- To join the ranks of the collective Bargaining processes practiced by the various registered Bargaining Councils for the different industries.
- To protect the interests of the members in the collective bargaining process.
- To practice the role of agent/representative in all matters where employee representatives are involved or wish to become involved.
- To represent the members in matters of litigation arising from labour disputes of whatever nature.
- To present a whole spectrum of training by arranging training sessions.
- To keep members informed of changes in the Labour Legislation by means of a quarterly newsletter.
- To be sensitive to the requirements of the members.
- To assist in preparing of all necessary documents in the workplace.
- To act as the catalyst between employer and employee.